HALL OF FAME
WESTCHESTER COUNTY USBC
HALL OF FAME & SPECIAL RECOGNITION AWARDS
Before the Westchester Men’s and Women’s Bowling Associations merged in August 2006, the Men’s Association from 1975 through 2005, honored bowlers for either bowling achievement or meritorious service. The Women’s Association did not have such awards.
In August 2022, the Westchester County USBC created a merged hall of fame, inclusive of the men’s hall of fame members and those inducted after 2022.
The Westchester County USBC Hall of Fame & Special Recognition Award was created to recognize those in our bowling community who have displayed superior performance in the sport of American Tenpins and/or who have contributed through various services to the reputation and progress of bowling in the area served by the Westchester County USBC Association. Those individuals shall be named Hall of Fame Members.
Individuals shall be considered for recognition in the five (5) categories listed below. Any member of the Westchester County USBC Association may submit nominations for themselves or for others. All nominations must be completed on the APPROPRIATE APPLICATION, which defines the criteria that will be used to evaluate the nominee’s worthiness for that category.
Click on the links below or select the link from the website Hall of Fame menu to see the qualifications and application with submission requirements for each of the five (5) categories.
- Hall of Fame recognition for Superior Performance that recognizes bowlers who have displayed superior performance in the sport
- Hall of Fame recognition for Meritorious Service that recognizes persons who have served on the board of directors and/or committees for national, state, and/or local Associations
- Proprietor/Manager Recognition Award that recognizes an outstanding bowling center proprietor/manager for their enthusiastic support of national, state, and/or local bowling associations
- Service to Bowling Award that recognizes a WCUSBC member (active or inactive) who has contributed ten (10) or more years of outstanding service to the sport of bowling through leagues and/or clubs in Westchester
- Service to Youth Award that recognizes a WCUSBC member (active or inactive) who has contributed ten (10) or more years in Westchester’s youth bowling programs
For clarification, each year, the association shall induct no more than the following into the Hall of Fame:
- two (2) Superior Performance nominees
- two (2) Meritorious Service nominees
- one (1) Proprietor/Manager Recognition nominee
- one (1) Service to Bowling nominee
- one (1) Service to Youth nominee
Applications must be submitted no later than January 31st of the current season, with inductees being notified by the end of April. A plaque or similar award will be presented to inductees no later than July 31st.